- 1 cup breadnut (boiled and skin removed)
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 6 egg yolks
- 3 ozs caster sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- Puree breadnut in a food processor.
- In a separate bowl, combine egg yolk, sugar, essence, cinnamon and nutmeg. Mix well.
- In a saucepan, bring cream to a gentle boil on moderate heat.
- Pour hot cream slowly into egg mixture and mix well.
- Add breadnut puree to mixture and mix well.
- Put mixture through a sieve to remove lumps.
- Pour into individual ramekins and bake in a water bath at 225 °C for 30 – 35 mins.
- Bake until firm.
- Chill and serve.
Chef Jesson Church is the Grenadian head chef at Oliver’s Restaurant, Spice Island Beach Resort. Enjoy the Breadnut Crème Brûlée as part of their Spice Temptation dessert, served with a Nutmeg Spring Roll and Sorrel Sorbet.